Maintenance Technician/Yard Person
A & B Tool Rentals is hiring a permanent full-time team member who can thrive in a fast paced working environment. As a Maintenance Technician/Yard Person, you will play a key role in our customer experience by ensuring the safe and proper function of our equipment, as well as ensure smooth branch operations by keeping things clean and organized. This position would be greatly suited for a mechanically minded individual who enjoys problem solving.
Location: 1331 Venables Street, Vancouver, BC
Salary: $20.00hour, Permanent, Full-time
- Strong mechanical ability
- Attention to detail
- Takes pride in doing the best possible job
- Can work together as a team and provide support
- Is ambitious and willing to learn and grow
- Is not afraid of getting dirty or working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Is able to take instruction, multi-task, and prioritize
- Can work well in a high-paced environment under pressure
- Drivers License
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tool Checking
- Using equipment owners’ manuals to clean, inspect and test tools & equipment returned from rental
- Keep and yard area clean and organized
- Clear all clutter and watch for safety liabilities and potential for accident
- Inspect, test and dismantle tools to find problem using parts breakdown to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Document parts required to make repair and estimate cost of repair.
- Follow manufacturers scheduled maintenance procedures
- Perform visual inspection of all Tools and Equipment, looking for any safety issues, damage, and anything loose of broken.
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts using hand tools and equipment.
- Grease all grease nipples as per manufacturer’s specs
- Check and adjust air pressure and check condition of all tires
- Perform all inspection checks as per manual and regulations
- Function test repaired equipment and confirm proper operation.
- Typical Equipment to Service and Repair
- Pressure wash returned tools and equipment, while inspecting for damage and/or required maintenance.
- Assist loading and unloading company trucks and customer vehicles
- In peak times, assist with pick up and deliveries using company pick-up truck
- Assist in general tasks around shop and yard as needed or as instructed.
- Support your fellow team mates – and have fun!
Contact Tanya Chies to apply: email@example.com
To apply for this position please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org