Company: Alpha Building Construction Ltd.
Business Information: We specialize in commercial and residential projects in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region.
Business Address: 1823 Chesterfield Ave, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2P2
Work Location: Various locations throughout the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
– Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
– Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
– Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials
– Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, and erect walls and roof systems
– Fit and install trim items, such as doors stairs, moulding, and hardware
– Maintain, repair, and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants, and other establishments
– May prepare cost estimates for clients
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate is required OR completion of a three-to four-year apprenticeship program will help to qualify.
– Language: English is required
Work conditions and Physical capabilities: Repetitive Tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Work under pressure, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Personal suitability: Organized, Team player, Reliability, Client focus, Accurate
Work Site Environment: Dusty, Noisy, Dangerous, Outdoors
Salary: $30.00 – $32.00 hourly, 40 – 45 hours per week
Important Information: Work schedule is from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. However, flexibility on schedule is required. Work on weekends may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 1823 Chesterfield Ave, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2P2
To apply for this position please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org