Company: Barron’s Home Appliance Centre Ltd.
Business information: We are a family-owned one-stop appliance shop in Vancouver Island, operating since 1989. We offer sales, service, and parts for installations and repairs of most major gas and electric appliance brands.
Business address: 7-2480 Kenworth Road, Nanaimo, BC, V9T 3Y3
Work Location: Same as above and various locations throughout Vancouver Island to provide on-site customer service
Type of Employment: Full-time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
– Conduct voltage, resistance and other tests using electrical test equipment
– Refer to schematic drawings or product manuals to repair part
– Diagnose faults using testing devices
– Repair electrical appliances and components
– Replace faulty components
– Use shop equipment and specialized diagnostic and programming apparatus to repair, adjust and reprogram appliances
– Advise customers on work performed and condition of the equipment
– Prepare written estimates of repair costs
– Order parts
– Plan service routes between calls
– Driving a van to and from the work locations
– Provide on-site and in-shop customer service
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in major appliance repair is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then some secondary school education and completion of a college program in appliance repair or Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program in appliance repair is required.
– A provincial gas appliance technician certificate is an asset
– Valid driver’s license is required
– Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs.).
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Ability to distinguish between colours, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Fast-paced environment
Personal suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent written communication, Initiative, Organized, Dependability, Client focus, Team player, and Excellent oral communication
Salary: $26.44 hourly, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Cost-shared Group plan benefits (Medical Benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits, and Life Insurance benefits). Company service vehicle supplied. Accommodation will be provided at no cost for the first month.
Important Information: This position requires flexibility in schedule. The worker must work 5 days per week, Monday through Friday, or Tuesday through Saturday. The regular schedule (Monday- Friday) is from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. However, Saturday’s schedule is from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Overtime and weekend hours may be required according to the business needs.
****Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Appliance Service Technician (major home appliances)
Apply by mail to: 7-2480 Kenworth Road, Nanaimo, BC, V9T 3Y3
To apply for this position please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org