Appliance Service Technician
Company: Barron’s Home Appliance Centre Ltd.
Business information: We are a family-owned one-stop appliance shop located in Vancouver Island, operating since 1989. We offer sales, service, and parts for installations and repairs of most major gas and electric appliance brands.
- Business addressee: 7-2480 Kenworth Road, Nanaimo, BC, V9T 3Y3
- Work Location: Same as above and various location throughout Vancouver Island to provide on-site customer service
- Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Conduct voltage, resistance and other tests using electrical test equipment
- Refer to schematic drawings or product manuals to repair part
- Diagnose faults, using testing devices
- Repair electrical appliances and components
- Replace faulty components
- Use shop equipment and specialized diagnostic and programming apparatus to repair, adjust and reprogram appliances
- Advise customers on work performed and condition of equipment
- Prepare written estimates of repair costs
- Order parts
- Plan service routes between calls
- Driving a van to and from the work locations
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in major appliance repair is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then some secondary school education and completion of a college program in appliance repair or Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program in appliance repair is required.
- A provincial gas appliance technician certificate is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Ability to distinguish between colours, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Fast-paced environment.
- Personal suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent written communication, Initiative, Organized, Dependability, Client focus, Team player, Excellent oral communication.
- Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs.).
Salary: $23.84 to $25.84 hourly, 39-44 hours per week.
Benefits: Cost-shared Group plan benefits (Medical Benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits, and Life Insurance benefits). Company service vehicle supplied. Accommodation will be provided at no cost for the first month. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: This position requires flexibility in schedule. The worker will be required to work 5 days per week, Monday through Friday, or Tuesday through Saturday. The regular schedule (Monday- Friday) is from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, however, Saturday’s schedule is from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Overtime might be required, including weekends and holidays according to the business needs.
-On-site and in-shop customer service.
How to Apply:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: 7-2480 Kenworth Road, Nanaimo, BC, V9T 3Y3
To apply for this position please email your information to email@example.com