Company: Barron’s Home Appliance Centre Ltd.
We are a family-owned one-stop Appliance shop located on Vancouver Island, operating since 1989. We offer sales, service, and parts for installations and repairs of most major gas and electric appliance brands.
Business Address: 7-2480 Kenworth Road, Nanaimo, BC V9T 3Y3
Work Location: Same as above and various location throughout Vancouver Island to provide on-site customer service
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Conduct voltage, resistance, and other tests using electrical test equipment
- Refer to schematic drawings or product manuals to repair part
- Diagnose faults, using testing devices
- Repair electrical appliances and components
- Replace faulty components
- Use shop equipment and specialized diagnostic and programming apparatus to repair, adjust, and reprogram appliances
- Advise customers on work performed and condition of equipment
- Prepare written estimates of repair costs
- Order parts
- Plan service routes between calls
- Driving a van to and from the work locations
- Completion of Secondary School is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in major appliance repair is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then some Secondary School education and completion of a College program in Appliance Repair or completion of a 3 or 4-year Apprenticeship Program in Appliance Repair is required
- Provincial Gas Appliance Technician Certificate is an asset
- Valid driver’s license is required
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding; Handling heavy loads; Ability to distinguish between colours; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, and kneeling; Fast-paced environment
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills; Excellent written communication; Initiative; Organized; Dependability; Client focused; Team player; Excellent oral communication
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs.).
Salary: $23.84 to $25.84 hourly, 39-44 hours per week
Benefits: Cost-shared Group Plan Benefits (Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Care Benefits, and Life Insurance Benefits); Company service vehicle supplied; Accommodation will be provided at no cost for the first month; Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate
Important Information: This position requires flexibility in schedule. The worker will be required to work 5 days per week, Monday through Friday, or Tuesday through Saturday. The regular schedule (Monday- Friday) is from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM;, however, Saturday’s schedule is from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Overtime might be required, including weekends and holidays according to the business needs.
- On-site and in-shop customer service
Apply by E-Mail to: email@example.com
Apply by Mail to: 7-2480 Kenworth Road, Nanaimo, BC V9T 3Y3
To apply for this position please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org