Company: Big Feast Bistro Inc / Big Feast Bistro & Retail
Business information: We are a small town bistro with a trendy, urban atmosphere. We create our menus with local merchants in mind and select locally made organic ingredients always within 100 miles whenever we can. Big Feast is proud to use fresh local ingredients without the use of preservatives offering frozen and refrigerated items, signature spiced pecans, and granola. Big Feast is pleased to say ALL of our retail items are gluten free, but are prepared in a facility that does use wheat, nuts and dairy. We are currently working with dine-in, pick-up and delivery service.
- Business Address: 11920 227th Street, Maple Ridge, BC, V2X 6J2
- Work Location: Same as above
- Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods in accordance with standards and in a timely manner
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Order supplies and equipment
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Maintain consistency of appearance and quality of all menu items
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Communicate between shifts and with supervisors to ensure adequate product levels and consistent food quality
- Be aware of proper stock rotation of all food and help with storage of incoming product
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience. If candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required.
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Standing for extended periods, Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Work under pressure
- Personal suitability: Flexibility, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Dependability, Organized, Ability to multitask
Salary: $15.50 to $17.00 per hour, 40-45 hours per week.
Benefits: Dental and Extended Medical Insurances are provided. We also provide uniforms, discount meals when not working, free meals when working, and tip pool.
Important information: This position requires flexibility in schedule. There are 3 regular shifts from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM and from 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM. We are open 7 days per week, therefore days off will be on a rotational basis. Overtime might be required, including weekends and holidays. Schedule may be adjusted due to government’s policies on Covid-19.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 11920 227th Street, Maple Ridge, BC, V2X 6J2
To apply for this position please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org