Elite Poultry Services Ltd.
Business information: We provide the labour/service of loading poultry into modules which are then shipped off to various poultry processing plants.
Business Address: Unit 6 – 8465 Harvard Pl, Chilliwack, BC
Work Location: Various locations across the following regions: Calgary / Athabasca-Grande Prairie-Peace River / Banff-Jasper-Rocky Mountain House.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Salary: $18.00- $20.00 per hour, 40 hours per week
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns
· Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment to bring loading modules and containers in and out of the predetermined poultry barns to be loaded with chickens and then onto trucks headed to the processing facilities
· Detect disease and health problems in poultry
· Catch and remove live chickens out of the predetermined assigned poultry barns
· Ensure that the catching and removal of all birds from inside the barns including all stray birds on the outside of the barns is done in a safe, timely and humanely manner
· Load chickens into modules/crates
· Be able, under certain conditions to deal directly with customers to meet their expectations and add value to our service
· Ensure compliance with all of the company’s rules, including all of the governmental regulations
· Vaccinate birds using injectors, eyedroppers and other tools, when required, as part of animal bio-security procedures
· Catching and loading poultry from predetermined assigned poultry barns for shipment to processing plants
– Education: Not required
– Experience: Not required (Training will be provided on-site)
– Experience operating a forklift is a strong asset
– Must be able to work within a very dirty and very dusty environment while inside the poultry barns
– Must be able to work in a dark environment with a head light and under very limited lighting conditions while inside the poultry barns
– Must be able to work in an environment of very unpleasant and acidic ordure produced from chicken excrement’s within the barn and the surrounding areas of the farm
– Must not have any type of allergies to the materials used within and around the bird barns/farms; e.g. hay and woodchip products used on the barns floor for bedding, chicken feathers, and chicken feces / acidic odors
– Must be able to work under hot temperatures within the bird barns
– Must be able to sit / bend in all directions / stand on flat and uneven surfaces/ be inside in closed arrears for extended periods of time while catching the birds
– Must be able to withstand the extreme Canadian winter weather conditions, while traveling to and from farm to farm, and or while helping to load the transport trucks on the outside of the farms
– Ability to work at heights or up to and including 2.5 meters (8 feet) and or higher by a few feet
– Function under repetitive movement of certain parts of the palms, fingers, wrist, hand, lower arm, upper arm, shoulder and back movements, while bending the top half part of the body over for prolonged periods of time
– Remain drug and alcohol free to perform in a safety sensitive functional position
– Prolonged concentration is required while catching the chickens to ensure that they are not injured during this process
– Position requires standing intermittently up to 6 to 7 hours and it requires sitting 1 to 3 hours intervals while traveling to the different farms
– Position requires lifting up to 16-23 kilograms 8-9kg per hand
– Required to work in closed areas with the confines of the farm’s poultry barns.
Personal suitability: Team player, Flexibility
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Repetitive tasks; physically demanding; Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling, Standing for extended periods
Work site environment: At heights, confined spaces, wet/damp, noisy, odours, dusty, hot, cold/refrigerated
Benefits: We will provide appropriate equipment for the job (gloves, masks, coveralls). Travel expenses are covered if workers need to relocate. Transportation will be provided to and from the job site(s). Accommodation provided at a discounted rate.
Important Information: This position runs mostly at night. Schedule is from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM, work days are from Sunday to Thursday. (Work hours depend on the time the plant schedules the first truck to be at the farm/processing plants, and how many birds are to be loaded that specific night). Some morning or afternoon shifts will be required when necessary.
Apply by phone to: 604-793-7000 from 9 AM to 5 PM
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by fax to: 604-792-4222
Apply by mail to: Unit 6 – 8465 Harvard Pl, Chilliwack, BC, V2P 7Z5
To apply for this position please email your information to email@example.com