One of well-known authentic Japanese Restaurant offering Aburi Oshi Sushi (literally ‘pressed sushi’) to local Vancouver community is looking for a Cook who is competent and has passion for both Japanese food & restaurant management.
As our mission is ‘offering highest quality of Japanese Sushi & Service to every customer in a reasonable price, in order to better assist our customers, we need someone who can support our head chef & kitchen staffs’ heavy duty at the restaurant.
- Job title: Cook
- Work location: 9602 Cameron Street, Burnaby, BC V3J 1M2
- Position available: 1
- Wage: $17 per hour
- Working hours: 35 – 40 hours per week
- Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Benefit: 2 weeks paid vacation per year
- As all members at our kitchen are involved in menu innovation, optimization of operations, and joining together to bring a better food and service, with our main head chef and kitchen staffs, the right candidate should prepare food and mis-en-place for every customer visiting our store;
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping and storing food;
- Assist the head chef to manage inventory of food items and beverages;
- Since many of our food items are raw fish, he / she should be able to adapt menu dishes to accommodate customers with food allergies;
- In charge of preparing food equipment for service;
- In order to maintain the quality of our food, every kitchen staff, including this Cook candidate should clean kitchen and work area after the kitchen is closed;
- Fill in or assist the head chef.
- Completion of Secondary School
- +1 years of work experience of cooking
- Comfortable in an open-kitchen and interacting with customers / Passion for foods qualify and presentation.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment (Event and Catering and etc.)
- “Can-do” attitude is a must
- Working as a team to ensure food quality during the fast paced kitchen environment.
How to Apply: All qualified candidates are welcomed to apply with a cover letter and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of: Full-Time Cook – Green Leaf Sushi Cafe. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
***All qualified candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
To apply for this position please email your information to email@example.com