We’re growing again! Happy Tails Urban Adventures is a local and well-regarded pet care company with loyal clients who value personalized and custom care for their pets. We are looking for a new team member who is patient, compassionate and truly takes joy in working with animals.
- Provide private, safe and on-leash dog walks, duration ranging from 20 to 60 minutes
- Leave daily report card for pet guardians
- Pick up and dispose of dog waste accordingly
- Clean up and towel off muddy and wet dogs after their outing
- Follow instructions specific to the pet and the home
- Take photos or videos of pets on their walks
- Advocate for the dog in your care by avoiding stressful situations or their triggers Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of the needs of a reactive dog and how to navigate the environment during walks
- Understanding of dog behavior and excellent ability to read dog body language
- Supporter and promoter of positive reinforcement handling techniques
- Ability to walk a minimum of 3 hours per day rain or shine.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrate calmness and prepared to troubleshoot when mishaps occur
- Effective time management and quick thinking skills
- Ability to work independently while also being a good team member
- Capable of using a mobile app for scheduling and communications
- Willing to submit to a background check, is bondable and provide professional references
- Knowledge of the North Shore neighbourhood and trails.
We are a small but growing team, our ideal new team member is mature, committed to working with each other and collaborating on new ideas for continued growth. If interested, please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter detailing your experience working with dogs. firstname.lastname@example.org