Company: HWM Stores (2016) Ltd. O/A SuperValu Gibsons
Business Information: We are 100% independent, locally owned, managed an operated, and has been the Sunshine Coast’s premier grocer for 60+ years. Our store is more than just a grocery store – we are a hub for the community. The selected candidate will be able to work for our Bakery department.
- Business Address: 48-900 Gibsons Way, Gibsons BC V0N 1V8
- Work location: Same as above
- Type of Employment: Full Time / Permanent
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Prepare special orders
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Draw up production schedules
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards. Test ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each product meets food safety and quality controls.
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas. Ensure that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for other shifts
- Operate machinery, kitchen equipment such as mixers, ovens, bakewares, pastry blenders or cutters, and others
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Keep records related to deliveries, inventory, and production levels
- Place orders and purchase baking supplies (Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies)
- Oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff
- Train staff
- Prepare foods for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Participate in product development
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience as baker or pastry cook, then a post-secondary certificate is required.
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Manual dexterity, Physically demanding, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Tight deadlines, Handling heavy loads
- Personal suitability: Judgement, Accurate, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Client focus
Salary: $20.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Disability benefits, Extended Medical Insurance benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits and Vision care benefits will be provided
Flexibility in schedule is required. Candidates must have availability to work weekends and holidays.
The shifts per day are as follows and will be assigned depending on the business needs:
- 5 AM to 2:00 PM
- 6 AM to 3:00 PM
- 7 AM to 4:00 PM
- 9 AM to 6:00 PM
A 30-minute unpaid lunch break will be provided as well as 2 paid healthy breaks of 15 minutes.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: Box 370, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V
To apply for this position please email your information to email@example.com
About HWM Stores (2016) Ltd. O/A SuperValu Gibsons
We are 100% independent, locally owned, managed an operated, and has been the Sunshine Coast’s premier grocer for 60+ years. Our store is more than just a grocery store – we are a hub for the community. The selected candidate will be able to work for our Bakery department.