Business: SOMA Concepts & Solutions
We are looking for an energetic, reliable, and dedicated marketing communications coordinator to assist in coordinating, developing, and implementing marketing communication strategies that will help drive our clients’ growth, utilizing public relations, event management, digital marketing and social media strategies.
- Hours: 26 Hours/Week
- Rate: Between $45,000 to $50,000/Per Year Based on Experience
- Location: Remote with occasional in-person meetings with staff and clients (Vancouver area). Occasional B.C. wide travel from May – September.
Public Relations & Event Management:
- Write press releases, media advisories and client newsletters.
- Contact media and pitch client stories.
- Research companies, and journalist backgrounds.
- Participate in client brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Coordinate and implement client PR campaigns.
- Correspond directly with clients on PR status, next steps, reports, etc.
- Assist with researching, planning, and executing media and client events. Some travel required.
- Organize and update media/Influencer contact lists.
Work with Meltwater Platform:
- Create newsletters, media/Influencer lists
- Monitor clients’ earned media results, and provide analytics
- Create dashboards
- Send client PR status updates and newsletters
- Research Influencers to assist with client campaigns
- Prepare Influencer contracts
- Meet with Influencers and assist with directing social media campaigns
- Follow and research industry trends
- Prepare Influencer post campaign analytic reports to ensure client KPIs are met
Digital Marketing and Social Media:
- Develop and maintain a master editorial calendar for clients’ content
- Creating fun and engaging client content including posts, photos, reels, videos, and stories
- Write compelling copy in alignment with clients’ brand voice
- Actively engage with clients’ social media communities
- Review analytics and key metrics to ensure client KPIs are met
- Work with clients and creative teams to brainstorm new ways to expand brand reach
- Develop and up-date website content as needed
- Work with graphics teams on creative development of websites and digital marketing campaigns
- Undertake general marketing and administrative duties.
- 3+ years proven experience in a marketing communications role
- In-depth understanding of marketing concepts and practices
- Proficient with computers, and ability to learn and work with a multitude of different software applications, i.e., databases, design software
- Meltwater, Hootsuite Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc
- Self-motivated, reliable, organized, multi-tasker
- Location: Remote with occasional in-person meetings with staff and clients (Vancouver area). Occasional B.C. wide travel from May – September
*Please include a cover letter when applying for this position, applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed*
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year