Field and Vegetable Crop Labourer
Company: T&C Enterprises Ltd. O/A Bean Sprout King
Business information: We grow, package and distribute bean sprouts. The products we offer include mung bean sprouts, soy sprouts and silver sprouts. We are the largest sprouts grower in B.C., servicing various businesses across the provinces that range from small to large sized wholesalers, markets, retail outlets and restaurants.
- Business address: 5400 No. 6 Road, Richmond, BC, V6V 1T1
- Work Location: same as above
- Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Spray or apply nutrients or plant food to plants
- Monitor hydroponic water temperature
- Plant seeds and process seeds (transfer, sanitize, sow)
- Hand harvesting bean sprouts
- Detect and report disease and health problems in bean sprout
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Package bean sprouts
- Organize products inside cooler room
- Program logic controls to start seed germination
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Water and tend to plants
- Operation of forklift, pallet movers and lifters
- Operation of processing and packaging machineries
- Clean work area; clean and sanitize of all equipment and work areas to maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times
- Comply to company policies
- Exercise Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Education: no formal education required
- · Knowledge of programmable logic controls an asset
- · Mechanical knowledge an asset
- · Knowledge of food safety an asset
- · Some knowledge of horticulture (seed germination) an asset
- Experience: experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Large workload.
- Work Site Environment: Wet/damp, Hot, Cold/refrigerated
- Personal Suitability: Organized, Flexibility, Team player, Reliability
- Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Salary: $15.20 to $17.20 hourly, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Uniforms are provided. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation provided on a discounted rate.
Important Information: Flexibility on schedule is required. Shifts between: 5:00am to 2:00pm. The position requires working 8 hours per day and the working hours can vary according to the business needs and the production. Overtime may be required. 5 to 6 days of work are required per week, the working days will be on a rotational basis. Long hours will be required. Remote location.
How to Apply:
- E-mail to: email@example.com
- Mail to: 5400 No. 6 Road, Richmond, BC, V6V 1T1
- Fax to: 604-370-0023
To apply for this position please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org